Hi, I’m Dipti, an experienced dietitian, cookery tutor and owner of A Bite Different. I have a passion for creating bespoke recipes and inventing deliciously, different flavours that work well togther to create healthier foods suitable for different diets and tastes. My mission is to help educate busy people with different diets and tastes, who don’t have time to cook or eat sensibly, to understand that healthy eating isn’t just, about smoothies, fruit and boring salads.
Why I started A Bite Different
I started cooking at the age of seven, my vegetarian mother taught me how to cook tasty, Indian dishes, using fresh ingredients grown in our back yard by my father. Cookery was my favourite subject at school and this is where I learnt all about British food, I then, started making apple crumble with custard and experimenting with different flavours and ingredients, whilst playing truant. Back then, I used to enjoy making ‘traditional, Christmas dinners,’ for family and friends and even to this day, it still makes me happy to watch other people enjoying, great quality, nutritious food that’s, packed full of flavour, all handmade fresh.
I have lived in Italy, Tunisia, travelled and cooked for people all over the world which, is where my passion for different flavours and my love of the Mediterranean diet come from. My Masters in nutrition, enables me to create healthier recipes for people with different diets and tastes in order, to make healthy eating for busy people nutritious, delicious, quick and easy.
I am also an experienced health and well being cookery tutor. I have worked for many prestigious educational establishments and I enjoy meeting, training, inspiring and teaching people, to lead healthier lives through cookery courses, healthy eating talks and cookery demonstrations. My dietary knowledge and creative skills enable me to train food outlets to create unique, healthier menus for people with different diets.
A Bite Different offers;-
- Unique, fresh, handmade food using quality ingredients, from sustainable sources
- Seasonal menus for maximum nutrition
- Food reduced in calories, fat, salt and sugar
- Fresh and very different, handmade canapés for events
- Interesting and tasty workplace lunches
- Menus based on the Mediterranean diet (one of the healthiest diets in the world) with a very flavourful global twist, to suit all diets and tastes
- Nutritious, tasty lower calorie meals for private individuals
- Supplies bespoke, delicious, healthier spicy and non spicy savoury snacks to upmarket food outlets throughout the UK for gluten free, vegetarian and vegan customers
- Training on different diets, healthier menus and recipes to food outlets
- Interactive cookery courses with personalised healthy eating advice
- Enjoyable and interactive cookery demonstrations and healthy eating talks
The difference in our food is in the unique and very tasty flavour
Our healthier, tasty, fresh vegan canapés are enjoyed by Leicester’s deputy lord mayor and the Lord mayor. I’m often asked for my expert opinion on health and nutrition and feature on BBC radio Leicester with Jonathan Lampon whenever, time permits.